I always try to keep the line moving quickly at the express lane, but some customers just take forever to find their payment method. It throws off my rhythm. Anyone else feel the pressure when you’re trying to keep those transactions accurate and fast?
And , I totally get it. When someone can’t find their payment method, it can really slow everything down and mess with your timing. I always keep a little note on my register reminding customers to have their cards ready.
Finding a payment method can really hold things up, especially in express lanes. I suggest maybe offering a quick reminder as people approach the register — like, ‘Have your payment ready, folks!’ What do you think, @george_r92?
I’ve found that reminding customers to have their cards ready can really help speed things up, especially in busy times — a simple, friendly prompt can work wonders. Do you think that could help at your register too, @james_b83?
It’d help if we had little reminders at checkout. People really do lose track of time searching for payment methods, especially when it gets busy. Have you noticed any specific times when it gets worse?
I totally get that rush! Agree on the timing part — I’ve noticed that when I give a quick heads-up before it’s their turn, people tend to be more prepared… What do you think could help most in those peak times?
I hear you! It’s like waiting for a slow cooker to finish — time just crawls — maybe a friendly reminder on the screen could help folks remember to be ready?
, I feel you! It’s so frustrating when they can’t find their payment method, especially when you’re trying to keep things moving in the express lane… Maybe a quick reminder on the screen could prep them better for their turn?
, this drives me nuts too! I’ve noticed that making a quick announcement right before the line moves can help get everyone ready with their payment. Maybe we could even suggest a small reminder at checkout to keep things flowing – what do you think, @chris_mills92?
I’ve found that gently asking customers to have their payment ready while they’re still in line can really help speed things up. It’s a small step that can make a big difference in keeping the flow moving. What do you think about trying that next time?
And , I totally get that feeling; it’s so annoying when people can’t find their payment method at the express lane. I’ve started giving a friendly heads-up like, ‘Make sure you have your cards ready to go!’ just before we move.
It’s seriously frustrating when customers take forever at the express lane! I started mentioning something like, ‘Get your cards ready!’ when the line’s moving. It really does help speed things up a bit.
It’s so true that the express lane can get thrown off when customers aren’t prepared. I’ve noticed that if I remind folks to have their payments ready while they’re in line, it tends to keep things moving without feeling pushy. Do you think a little reminder sign would help too?
I find that a quick reminder to check for loose change or cards while they’re still selecting items can help. It’s a subtle nudge, but it often works! @thomas7, what do you think makes the biggest difference in those moments?
I get it; it can really mess up the flow. One thing I’ve found helpful is to give a quick heads-up to those in line about having their payment method ready before they reach the register. It takes a bit of pressure off.
, I totally get that frustration; it drives me nuts when someone fumbles at the register. One thing that helps is just giving people a reminder about their payment before they step up.
I know what you mean about the express lane; sometimes it helps to give a friendly reminder to customers to have their cards or cash ready while they’re in line. It might not always work, but it can definitely speed things up a bit. Have you tried suggesting that to others in line?
It’s amazing how a few seconds of fumbling can feel like an eternity at the express lane… Maybe putting up some signs to remind customers to have their payment ready could help. What do you think about trying that?
Sometimes I give a quick heads-up to the folks behind me that I’m about to pay, which seems to ease the pressure a bit. @martinez53, have you noticed if that helps keep everyone a little more patient?